Wow, the third quarter star deadline is only 2 weeks away!! Before I get too carried away, let’s take a gander at our second quarter stars:
Aren’t they lovely? Not only did each and every one of them help our unit reach our goal of 10 stars (2 not pictured), but these are the ladies to look to for some tips. They know how to finish a goal! They not only earned a fun girlie prize from corporate, but they also got some extra perks, like more website orders and a star purse exchange outing.
So you might be really close to finishing your star for this third quarter, you might have zero in towards it. You know what? You can finish it. A goal with a deadline is POWERFUL. Motivating.
Here are a couple quick selling ideas for both your current customer base as well as ideas for meeting as many new customers in the upcoming weeks. Remember that interacting face to face (through a guest event or appointment) is usually more beneficial, resulting in higher sales and more loyalty. But let’s be honest, we procrastinate. At this point we gotta hustle!
This is an email and/or facebook message that you can send out to your current customers that allows them to participate in a big goal of yours. You’ve GOT to be excited about your goal. Think about this: If you received an email from someone that you purchased something from in the past, and they had a really big goal and offered you a discount, wouldn’t you be excited to jump in? Chances are you need or will need more of that product very soon. So here’s the format, the complete letter is available here.
- Opening- Share goal
- Announce Day of the Sale
- Discounts offered (Orders received from 8am-12pm receive a 30% discount, Orders received from 12pm-4pm receive a 20% discount, Orders received from 4pm-6pm receive a 10% discount).
- How they can contact you to order. When you will deliver the product. Payments accepted.
- Any added bonuses (free gift with $40+ purchase, extra 5% off for a friend order who is not a MK user, etc).
The fortune is in the follow up on the day of. And of course send a reminder email that morning! This sale takes a maximum of 2 hours of your time (and that’s even if you’re a reallllly slow typer and a slow driver). Otherwise this takes no time and even if you don’t hit $1,000 that day, you’ll sell more than you would have not trying.
Contact all your customers with birthdays in the current month and offer them a fun Birthday Makeover! I suggest offering to bring the cupcakes if they get some girlfriends together for a birthday girls night out. OR contact their mom/spouse and offer a gift card to them for the birthday girl.
- Challenge a customer to either sell a $100 bag or to collect 5 orders from their coworkers. If you ask 6-10 people to do this, and only 1 or 2 actually take you up on the challenge, that’s a couple hundred dollars! Each participating customer would then get to choose either a Professional Brush Set or Roll Up Bag for free.
- Challenge a friend, mother-in-law, sister, son, daughter, or spouse to sell $100. Offer them a handsome gift for helping.
If you are running low on contacts/referrals this is a great way to meet more people via sharp customers you already love. You can offer them a really nice gift card or product that you know they love in exchange for a list of 5-10 people that they would love to share you with.
Customer Service Ideas
- Check in with your basic set customers and see who needs to reorder. You can even offer them a discount for trying any additional supplements in that skin care line.
- When you’re out delivering reorders, upsell by selling at least one additional item that goes well with what they purchased.
- Contact customers and book them for a re-check facial OR to ask them for their opinion on some new products.
- Hold a One Week Wonder sale and share your challenge with friends, fam and customers. Offer 10% off their order and your goal is to sell 25 items in 1 week!
- Mascara-a-thon: Share a challenge with your customers that you’re goal is to sell 100 mascaras in 24 hours. Offer incentives for ordering in bulk. Leave a comment if you would like to be emailed the exact email I send out.
Face to Face
Book 2 guests for your Weekly meeting to be your face model and offer her 1 glamour item 1/2 off when she purchases $30
Demo Microdermabrasion or Satin Hands at work or on the go
Hold a themed party, like a spa day or pedicure afternoon for customers to be pampered to try some new body care products.
I hope this gets you started!! I recommend picking just a couple rather than going after all of them. It will be more benefial to tackle 2 or 3 with excellence.
What other ideas do you have? How have you finished your star in the past? Do share!